The Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 is a WiFi Bluetooth headphone that also features noise canceling. As you might anticipate from a B&O product, the H8 is decorative with a durable steel and leather scarf and splendid level ear cups that are equipped with orthopedic. It is also costly, costing $500 (£400 UK, AU $679), which is definitely at the high-end of the Wifi Bluetooth headphone variety, particularly for an on-ear model.
Creating beautiful products is, of course, just a few interpreting how they look, and how they work. In addition, how they feel the sense of real and appropriately chosen leather. Of lambskin dressed orthopedic, that gently sets on your hearing. Carefully sun-polished and anodized aluminum feels responsive to touch.
Bluetooth 4.2 with aptX codec gives you uncompromising sounds, whether hearing to music or talking on the phone.
Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 is user-friendly touch interface gives you full control over all functionality. Turn your music on and off, response phone calls, switch Active Noise Termination on and off, and much more. All at your convenience.
Carefully chosen top quality cow leather makes Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 both stylish & magnificent. In addition, everyday deterioration merely adds an aging, and Beoplay H8 ages magnificently.
The softness of the lambskin on the ear pads makes Beoplay H8 a pleasure to put on. The orthopedic inside the ear pads adjusts ensuring excellent comfort.
As for accessories, you get a thick cloth holding pocket (it’s decent enough, but you’d think a $500 headphone might come with an actual holding case) and a wire for hearing to the headphone in wired mode. That wire may come in handy should a flight worker inform you that you could not use Wifi Bluetooth headphones while in the air. In addition, most importantly you can choose to activate or disable the noise canceling whether you are in Wifi Bluetooth mode or wired mode.
Battery lifestyle improves dramatically if you switch Wifi Bluetooth off (you can get up to 35 hours with noise canceling on in wired mode). Using Wifi Bluetooth without noise canceling bumps battery rating up to 16 hours.
The $500 Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 wireless on-ear headphone looks excellent, sounds very excellent and is loaded with features, including noise canceling.
- The Bang &
- Olufsen BeoPlay H8 has a sleek, durable style, with a metal/leather scarf and splendid ear cups, and excellent audio for Wifi Bluetooth. It also features effective noise canceling, touch controls in the right earcup and an exchangeable rechargeable battery power that delivers an ample 14 hours of battery power with Wifi Bluetooth and noise canceling turned on.
- It is expensive
- the on-ear style is not as comfortable as some over-ear designs, and the audio is not quite as open as we would have liked.
- Premium, light-weight, wireless, active noise cancelling on-ear headphones. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound no matter if active noise cancellation is turned on or off
- B&O PLAY products come with a 2-year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com.
- Aluminum touch interface on the right ear cup gives you complete control of your music and phone calls
- Up to 14 hours of battery life with active noise cancellation and Bluetooth turned on.
- At just 255g, BeoPlay H8 is one of the lightest wireless active noise cancelling headphones on the market
The Bottom Line
The $500 Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 wireless on-ear headphone looks excellent, sounds very excellent and is loaded with features, including noise canceling, but a few small faults take away some of its shine.